Compensation: $64,820.00 - $105,150.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Way to Win is a homebase for progressive donors and organizers seeking a strategic approach to funding that advances transformative policy, wins elections, and builds lasting power in the states. We are committed to building the power of the true Democratic base: women, people of color, Indigenous people, LGBTQ+ people, and young people.
We launched in the spring of 2018 and moved over $22M to progressive organizations and candidates in the midterms. Way to Win is flipping the mainstream strategy, focusing on building a broad multi-racial coalition that can create a political realignment, take back our country, and solve the biggest problems of our time.
As we gear up for 2020, we are seeking a new teammate to support us as our impact, and therefore capacity needs, continue to grow. This role will work closely with the Director of Design and be responsible for visually communicating our brand and voice across all of our materials, and bringing our vision and strategy to life.
We are seeking a values aligned teammate, committed to racial and economic justice and democratic participation. As a virtual office with team members spread out from NYC to Hawai i, we require a highly motivated go-getter, able to effectively self-manage and lean into our agile and fast-paced startup culture. We are looking for a team player who is proactive, efficient, and a quick learner able to own projects from start to finish, jump in and propose solutions and ideas, and bring their whole selves to this work.
- 3-5 years experience working in the design field
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and relevant software
- Web design experience and some knowledge of UI/UX
- A deep understanding of printing and production methods and processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail and meticulous organization skills
- Creating brand-aligned materials such as memos and documents, presentation decks, infographics and charts, etc.
- Managing a rebuild of our website and managing its content and updates
- Assisting in large scale print projects
- Designing and producing swag and physical products
- Playing a design support role for our major events and conferences
- Partnering with the advising and communications team to help design invitations, agendas, manage inventory, etc.
- Being the deputy to the Director of Design, jumping in wherever needed
Design Core Competencies
- Ideation & Creativity: Generates a plethora of imaginative ideas in group and solo brainstorms, keeping in mind pragmatic constraints. Visually communicates ideas through quality (executable) thumbnails and sketches.
- Execution: Creates effective and high quality designs for print, web and digital, and tangible products.
- Research & Content Curation: Collects, distills, and organizes information effectively to present clear research findings.
- Vendor Management: Interfaces effectively with outside vendors, ensuring we meet deadlines, budgets, and quality.
General Core Competencies
- Attention to Detail: Checks work carefully to ensure visuals, writing, content, etc. are error-free and high quality both for individual work, and when reviewing team projects.
- Productivity: Handles a significant volume of work under fast-paced deadlines, without sacrificing quality.
- Project Management: Oversees and structures complex projects, plans backwards, and ensures quality end-products are delivered on or ahead of schedule, without crises.
- Problem-Solving: Identifies issues, effectively structures problems, analyzes data to produce insights, and generates wise, actionable recommendations.
- Organization: Keeps organized and accessible files, notes, and records to ensure important information is retained and can be shared with current and future teammates.
- Team Work & Communication (in a virtual office): Works well with others; communicates updates, progress, and challenges clearly and completely to managers and collaborators; coordinates across departments; is adept at using virtual tools and software.
- External Relations: Serves as an effective ambassador, builds connections, and maintains relationships with outside constituents.
- Salary commensurate with experience, from $60-70,000/annual, plus a generous benefits package, including:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
Please provide your resume, cover letter, and portfolio.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...