Compensation: $37,030.00 - $68,910.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Facility Maintenance
Loading some great jobs for you...
WAVE is seeking a Sr. Maintenance candidate to support the growing facility located in Las Vegas. Excellent work life balance, company culture and benefits as well as growth potential within a stable company. Worthington Armstrong Venture (WAVE), a joint venture between Worthington Industries Inc. and Armstrong World Industries Inc., has established worldwide leadership in the production of suspended ceiling systems sold under the Armstrong brand name. Founded in 1992, WAVE operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, combining the world-class culture of both parents.Summary
Under the general direction of the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for demonstrating proficiency in methods, materials, tools and techniques necessary to troubleshoot and repair manufacturing equipment in the Las Vegas facility. The individual must exhibit the following attributes; safety-conscious, a self-starter, problem solver and team player working in a fast-paced operations environment. Responsibilities
- Safely perform maintenance on mechanical equipment used for manufacturing production, as well as various auxiliary plant equipment, buildings and/or grounds.
- Primarily responsible for maintaining continuous operation of rollform machines; make appropriate machine adjustments in a timely manner and replace certain tooling or machine parts.
- Lead or assist rollform, die set-up and changeover procedures.
- Work from detail prints, schematics, samples, drawings and/or verbal instructions.
- Perform machine preventive maintenance as scheduled and assist with equipment safeguarding when needed.
- Maintenance record keeping; maintain spare part and operating supply inventories.
- Safely operate various types of mobile equipment (Forklifts, Cranes, etc.).
- Safely utilize lathe, drill press, horizontal and vertical band saws, burning and welding equipment, greasing equipment, and various hand tools for repairs and servicing. Perform inspections of cut-off presses, air compressors, packaging equipment, glue machines, etc.
- Inspect/Repair various powered industrial equipment; maintain OSHA level records.
- Support and practice the WAVE Philosophy and Operating Principles in all activities.
- Perform all work in a safe manner; utilize all safety equipment necessary for work to be performed including proper lock-out procedures, machine guarding, etc.
- Minimum experience of two years in rollforming or equivalent manufacturing industry.
- Not required, but the ability to troubleshoot dies and demonstrate tool room machining practices is preferred.
- Requires a working knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic systems and component parts.
- Exhibits good short and long-term decision-making in safety, the diagnosis of problems and implementation of corrective actions.
- Talent to lead, function as team member and communicate with all levels of operation.
- Complete work orders and follow production schedule assigned by team lead.
- Perform visual quality inspections of parts and address issues/areas of improvement; recognize issues and take corrective actions or notify the team lead.
- Setup and troubleshoot assigned machinery following Standard Operating Procedures.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they're our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We're looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a Most Admired Company and four times as a 100 Best Companies to Work For.
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran's status.
Associated topics: dig, grounds maintenance, groundskeeper, landfill, landscaping, park, paver, resurface, tree, trimmer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...